This is an exhaustive list of the places of 2004-2010 Toyota Sienna fuse boxes, descriptions of the circuits every fuse protects, definitions of each fuse, and also links to where to purchase them. Once troubleshooting your Sienna regularly it is nice to be able to easily situated the fuse for that particular electrical component. I’ve additionally tried to explain what fuses are and why they are different sizes because that people new to electronics. If you need a replacement fuse, click on the fuse names to it is in taken to purchase the fuse. Usage your browser’s search role (keyboard faster way Control-F in windows, Command-F top top a Mac) to find for keywords in ~ this article.
You are watching: 2000 toyota sienna fuse box location
Tools NeededNote: In the engine compartment fuse box there is a small white device designed to remove mini fuses.
Why do vehicles have fuses?
The purpose of Fuses
Fuses space designed to it is in the weakest electrical attach in a given electric circuit. In the mechanically world, a comparable an innovation would it is in the sheer pen or sheer bolt–the bolt is a draft weak allude so the if girlfriend exceed the torque on a journey shaft, the sheer bolt breaks instead of really destroying the machine. Once I to be replacing all the incandescent irradiate bulbs in the interior of mine Sienna ns accidentally (how I’m still no sure) shorted the end the terminals of one light bulb and also blew the fuse. You have the right to read about how I gained myself out of that one here: How to change 10-Amp Dome irradiate Fuse on 2004-2010 Toyota Sienna
Why room Fuses different Sizes?
A provided circuit has electronics in it the are known to usage a maximum variety of amps. Designers who design electronics determine the maximum amperage a circuit will ever before require at a time and also then put a fuse slightly greater than the amount of every the current of those components. The fuse is put in collection with the circuit. The way, if something abnormal happens, if over there is a short-circuit, or if a ingredient fails and causes the circuit to draw more amps than safe, the fuse blows and also protects the wiring and also other components in the circuit. If a fuse to be not offered in series with the circuit, the following weakest component would certainly fail instead, and also who knows whereby that can be–it might be one more component in the circuit or it can be the wiring. Fires would certainly be brought about by overheated wiring. If you don’t have actually fuses, as soon as something walk bad, you would certainly be instead of wiring harnesses or replacing multiple electrical components. A fuse is basic to replace and also since you understand what is ~ above the fuse’s circuit, you can automatically begin to troubleshoot the materials on that circuit (or eliminate them to remove them as a cause) and also determine what is resulting in the existing to exceed the normal levels and the fuse come blow.
Why You have to Not Install a higher Amp Fuse
Someone might be tempted, if they save blowing a specific amp fuse, to install a greater amp fuse instead, or also worst, come short-circuit the fuse socket and also bypass the fuse. Prefer I pointed out in the ahead paragraph, the fact that the fuse is punch is a nice and also controlled warning that something is wrong. If you download a higher amp fuse or brief out the fuse socket you room asking come severely damages who knows what on that circuit and/or blow other higher amp fuses in the fusible link assembly. This warning goes for anything that has a fuse.
WARNING: perform NOT download a greater amp fuse, or worst, brief out the fuse!!!
What space Amps?
Amps is the abbreviation because that Amperes, regularly simply written by the letter A, i beg your pardon is the basic unit of electrical current. It’s like saying miles or kilometers as soon as talking about distance. Current is the flow rate that electrons with a offered circuit–like how fast water is flowing with a pipe. As soon as you watch the amp rating ~ above a fuse, it is just how much current can pass through that fuse prior to the product of the fuse overheats and then melts, opened the circuit of the fuse.
Can ns be Shocked When changing a Fuse?
Someone might see that they are selecting a 30-amp fuse and also become scared that they could be shocked. Part household electrical wiring circuits space 30 amps (wall outlets for example), but those room on 110V AC circuits, not 12V DC prefer in one automobile. You execute not need to worry around being shocked once working on your vehicles 12-volt wiring. All over else in your car you space behind a fuse and also the worst point that really can happen is the you can get a brief burst that sparks if you shorted a confident wire come ground however the fuse would blow immediately, stopping anything rather from happen.
You can touch the optimistic and an adverse of a 12-volt vehicle battery, v dry hands, and also nothing will happen. The is due to the fact that the resistance of her body is high. With dry hands, the resistance of her body, indigenous one hand come the other, is as high as 100,000 ohms. Ohm’s legislation states, V=IR whereby V stands for volts, I represents Current, and also R means resistance. Through a little amount of algebra you deserve to reshape the formula to fix for I, I=V/R. If V=12 and R=100,000, the current that will circulation through her body native one hand to the various other is 0.00012 Amps, or 0.12 milli-amps. This is a very tiny amount. That takes end 60 milli-amps to kill you (that was the shortest amount I uncovered anyone claim was danger to cause death in this article), and that is 500 times more than what will flow through her body if friend touch a automobile battery v one dry hand top top the negative terminal and also the other dry hand ~ above the confident terminal. The deal is, is the the voltage is therefore low, that is not dangerous.
A Note about Accidental automobile Battery Shorting
If girlfriend shorted out the confident terminal the the battery come the frame , will acquire a explode of sparks, a lot of of warm will be generated, and you will experience molten metal, as if friend were to run a welder. The is because there are no fuses between you and the battery and all the amps available at the battery room trying to flow through the steel object you just shorted come ground. I’ve excellent this at least once once tightening the bolt top top the battery v a socket and also ratchet–somehow ns accidentally touch the manage of the socket top top the frame, i m sorry is the soil of the circuit. That will certainly scare you!?!? provided the high lot of amps obtainable to one automotive battery you should be cautious in that regard. The same thing would occur if you quick the 2 terminals of the battery.
Toyota Sienna Fuse Types
There are four different species of fuses supplied on the Toyota Sienna, as described in the owner’s manual:
Type A is a blade-type mini fuse. This is the only kind I’ve ever dealt with and also the many common kind of fuse. They have a bent wire within which burns through when the fuse blows. You should remove the fuse in order to inspect to check out if the fuse is blown. Here is a fuse ns accidentally blew once I to be installing LED interior lights on my Sienna:
Type B is a medium current fuse, abbreviation by M-FUSE in the shop manual. I have actually seen these described as fusible links also and they are greater amp fuses.
Type C and D are all part of the fusible link assembly. Ns think the only reason you would certainly blow one of these is if you have actually placed a greater amp fuse than prescribed in many locations, permitting an overload the one circuit branch, or you have some majorly malfunctioning hardware v a short-circuit. Here’s a picture of these species of fuses:High amp fuse bar traces close up
The shop manual gives these illustrations on fuses:
In the two larger fuse boxes friend will see fuse sockets that space labeled “Spare” and also the amperage the the fuse, because that example, fuses 16 v 20 room all spares of different sizes. If you have a blown fuse, you can replace it through a spare of the exact same amperage:
16. Preventive 15 A (mini size)17. Preventive 20 A (mini size)18. Preventive 30 A (mini size)19. Preventive 30 A (mini size)20. Spare 7.5 A (mini size)
If you usage a preventive fuse you have to keep the swollen one and also purchase a replacement to install in the preventive socket for following time.
Engine Compartment Fuse Box
Location that Engine Compartment Fuse Box
The engine compartment fuse box is situated on the driver’s side, close to the battery:
Opening the Engine Compartment Fuse Box
On the front side of the fuse crate there is a latch that need to be retracted to open the fuse box cover:
On the various other side that the fuse box cover there are hooks
Press the tab in on the front and also rotate the front sheet up and gradually press the cover toward the rear of the vehicle and also the cover will certainly release:
Here the engine compartment fuse crate cover is removed:
Picture of Engine Compartment Fuse Box
There is a diagram on underneath next of the engine compartment fuse cover for reference and here’s a cleaner version from the owner’s manual. One point to note is that several of the materials are no numbered.
Here’s a picture of the fuses, together with the fuse numbers and relay names, which i added:
Engine Compartment Relays
In the picture above of the engine compartment fuse box you will notice that few of the components are not fuses, they are relays. The large purple and also blue boxes space relays. A relay is a electrically-controlled switch. Right here is a diagram detailing the top half of the above fuse box, consisting of the relay names:
Here is the reduced section:
Engine Compartment Fuse box High Amp Fuse Section
In the middle of the engine compartment fuse crate there space two rows of fuses that space covered increase by a translucent plastic cover. This whole component is dubbed the junction block or fusible link assembly (part number 8262008020 or826200-8020).
Essentially this is a bar which has fuse wires jutting out from the bottom edge of it. It is a one-piece deal and also if girlfriend blew among them friend would should replace the entire fuse bank. You deserve to remove the covering by very CAREFULLY prying up the clips that the cover(the clips are fragile I’m sure), one at a time through a sharp-pointed knife, as shown below (but I’ve never had a reason to open it various other than for the love that explaining for this article):
Here is the sheathe removed:
Here’s a close up of what they look like:High amp fuse bar traces close up
Engine Compartment Fuse Diagram, Numbers, and also Descriptions
Below is the diagram of the engine compartment fuse box, followed by a perform of the main abbreviations and also descriptions:
Fuses 1-23 are mini-type fuses (which are all consisted of in this set):
1. ETCS 10 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system2. EFI NO.1 20 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, “EFI NO.2” fuse3. H-LP RL 15 A – Right-hand headlight (low beam)4. DRL 20 A – Daytime running light system, “H-LP RH” and “H-LP LH” fuses5. ALT-S 7.5 A – Charging system6. H-LP LL 15 A – Left-hand headlight (low beam), prior fog lights7. DOOR NO.2 25 A – Power door lock system8. HAZ 15 A – Turn signal lights, emergency flashers9. RAD NO.3 30 A – Audio System10. A/F 25 A – A/F sensor11. HORN 10 A – Horns12. EFI NO.2 10 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system13. DOME 10 A – Interior lights, an individual lights, vanity lights, door courtesy lights, luggage compartment light, ignition move light, multi-information display14. ECU-B 10 A – Power sliding door, air conditioning system, strength windows, multiplex interaction system, meter and gauge, wireless remote control system15. RAD NO.1 20 A – Audio system, navigating system16. Spare 15 A – Spare 15-Amp Fuse17. Spare 20 A – Spare 20-Amp Fuse18. Preventive 30 A – Spare 30-Amp Fuse19. Spare 30 A – Spare 30-Amp Fuse20 spare 7.5 A – Spare 7.5-Amp Fuse21. H-LP RH 10 A – Right-hand headlight22. H-LP LH 10 A – Left-hand headlight23. RSE 7.5 A – Rear seat audio system, rear seat to chat system
Fuses 52-53 are type B fuses (larger square-shaped):
52. Main 30 A – Headlights, daytime to run light system, “H-LP RL” and “H-LP LL” fuses, part Number 90982-08280, Amazon.com or Toyota Parts. (this is a kind B fuse)53. AM2 30 A – “INJ”, “IGN” and also “GAUGE2” fuses, part Number 90982-08280, Amazon.com or Toyota Parts. (this is a type B fuse)
Fuses 56-67 space All part of the Fusible connect Assembly
56. Preventive 50A – preventive 50-Amp fuse (part the the fusible connect assembly)57. HTR 50 A – Air air conditioning system, “A/C” fuse (part the the fusible attach assembly)58. Fan 50 A – electric cooling fans (part that the fusible attach assembly)59. PBD 30 A – Power back door (part that the fusible attach assembly)60. R-PSD 30 A – right side strength sliding door (part of the fusible link assembly)61. L-PSD 30 A – Left side strength sliding door (part the the fusible attach assembly)62. RR A/C 40 A – behind air conditioning system (part the the fusible attach assembly)63. DEF 40 A – Rear window defogger, “MIR HTR” fuse (part of the fusible link assembly)64. ABS1 50 A – Anti-lock brake system, traction manage system, automobile stability manage system (part that the fusible connect assembly)65. ABS2 30 A – Anti-lock brake system, traction regulate system, vehicle stability control system (part the the fusible attach assembly)66. ST 30 A – beginning system (part of the fusible connect assembly)67. ALT 150 A – Charging system, “RR A/C”, “HTR”, “FAN”, “PBD”, “R-PSD”, L-PSD” and also “DEF” fuses (part the the fusible attach assembly)
Driver’s next Instrument dashboard Fuse Box
This is also referred to as the “Instrument panel Junction Block Assy” in the shop manual. There is a small black covering that breaks on peak of it. All the fuses in this panel are the mini (blade) type.
Location of Driver’s side Instrument dashboard Fuse Box
It is located above and come the appropriate of the emergency brake pedal:
It deals with down and has a black color cover top top it.
Opening Driver’s side Instrument panel Fuse Box
To eliminate the cover grab the tab top top the much side and pull it right down (the view looking virtually straight up in ~ the bottom):
Picture of Driver’s Side Instrument dashboard Fuse Box
The chart on the external of the cover is laid the end in the various other direction, in portrait layout:
Here room the driver’s side instrument dashboard fuses:
Driver’s side Instrument Pane Fuse crate Diagram, Numbers, and Descriptions
Here is the diagram of the driver’s side instrument panel fuse box, adhered to by a comprehensive list of the fuse abbreviations and descriptions:
Fuses 24-49 room all mini-type fuses (which are all had in this set) and 54 and 55 are 30-Amp (Type B):
24. MIR HTR 10 A – Outside rear view mirror heaters25. RAD2 7.5 A – Audio system, navigation system, behind seat audio system, rear seat to chat system26. PWR OUTLET 15 A – Power outlets27. CIG 15 A – Cigarette lighter28. ECU ACC 7.5 A – Shift lock regulate system, air conditioning system, strength rear watch mirror control29. GAUGE2 7.5 A – Meter and gauge30. IGN 7.5 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, SRS airbag system, multiplex interaction system31. INJ 15 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system32. RR WIP 15 A – Rear home window wiper33. WIP 30 A – Windshield wiper and also rear window wiper34. GAUGE1 10 A – Back-up lights, revolve signal lights, emergency flashers35. S-HTR 15 A – Seat heaters36. WSH 20 A – Windshield washer and rear home window washer37. HTR 10 A – Air air conditioning system38. ECU-IG 10 A – Toyota park help system, rear check out monitor system, multiplex interaction system, multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, anti-lock brake system, traction regulate system, vehicle stability regulate system, shift lock regulate system, dynamic laser cruise manage system, seat heaters, power ago door, digital moon roof, multi-information display, auto anti-glare within rear check out mirror, power windows, strength outlets (115V)39. Dashboard 10 A – Air conditioning system, chair heaters, audio system, navigation system, power sliding door, power back door, multi-informational display, rear home window defogger, emergency flashers, instrument panel lights, steering move lights40. TAIL 10 A – Stop/tail lights, license plate lights, parking lights, side marker lights41. S/ROOF 25 A – electronic moon roof42. AC INV 15 A – strength outlets (115V)43. FR DEF 15 A – Windshield wiper de-icer44. AM1 7.5 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system45. Prevent 10 A – Stop/tail lights, high mounted stoplight, shift lock manage system, anti-lock brake system, traction regulate system, automobile stability regulate system, multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, multiplex interaction system46. P/W 25 A – power windows47. OBD 7.5 A – On-board diagnosis system48. FOG 15 A – former fog lights49. P/VENT 15 A – power quarter windows54. P/SEAT 30 A – power seats, Amazon.com or Toyota Parts. (this is a kind B fuse)55. PWR 30 A – power windows, Amazon.com or Toyota Parts. (this is a kind B fuse)
Passenger-Side Instrument panel Fuse Box
I didn’t also know this one existed until I consulted the shop manual. It’s not technically in a box and it is a bit hidden.
Location that Instrument dashboard Fuse box (driver’s side)
This fuse box is situated behind the glove compartment. To acquire behind the glove compartment, an initial open the glove compartment. Next, relax the records on every side that the glove compartment box. To release them, push in ~ above the center of the next of the glove compartment, bowing the next in, to traction the record away native the opening. Once you have actually it external the opening, organize it there through one hand and then release the one on the other side.
See more: Save On American Girl Do My Life Clothes Fit American Girl Dolls
Once you have the gloves compartment released, girlfriend can find the fuse place as shown below:
Diagram of Instrument panel Fuse Box (driver’s side)
There’s not much to this fuse panel together it only has two fuses, and also if you perform not have a hand-operated air conditioner, the bottom one, 51, will be empty:
Passenger side Instrument dashboard Fuse crate Numbers and also Descriptions
50. ST 7.5 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system51. A/C 7.5 A – hand-operated air air conditioning system
All Toyota Sienna Fuse Numbers, Names, and also AbbreviationsETCS 10 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection systemEFI NO.1 20 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, “EFI NO.2” fuseH-LP RL 15 A – Right-hand headlight (low beam)DRL 20 A – Daytime running light system, “H-LP RH” and “H-LP LH” fusesALT-S 7.5 A – Charging systemH-LP LL 15 A – Left-hand headlight (low beam), front fog lightsDOOR NO.2 25 A – Power door lock systemHAZ 15 A – Turn signal lights, emergency flashersRAD NO.3 30 A – Audio SystemA/F 25 A – A/F sensorHORN 10 A – HornsEFI NO.2 10 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection systemDOME 10 A – Interior lights, personal lights, vanity lights, door courtesy lights, luggage compartment light, ignition move light, multi-information displayECU-B 10 A – Power sliding door, air conditioning system, power windows, multiplex communication system, meter and gauge, wireless remote manage systemRAD NO.1 20 A – Audio system, navigation systemSPARE 15 A – Spare 15-Amp FuseSPARE 20 A – Spare 20-Amp FuseSPARE 30 A – Spare 30-Amp FuseSPARE 30 A – Spare 30-Amp FuseSPARE 7.5 A – Spare 7.5-Amp FuseH-LP RH 10 A – Right-hand headlightH-LP LH 10 A – Left-hand headlightRSE 7.5 A – Rear chair audio system, behind seat entertain systemMIR HTR 10 A – Outside rear see mirror heatersRAD2 7.5 A – Audio system, navigation system, behind seat audio system, rear seat entertainment systemPWR OUTLET 15 A – Power outletsCIG 15 A – Cigarette lighterECU ACC 7.5 A – Shift lock regulate system, air air conditioning system, strength rear see mirror controlGAUGE2 7.5 A – Meter and also gaugeIGN 7.5 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, SRS airbag system, multiplex interaction systemINJ 15 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection systemRR WIP 15 A – Rear home window wiperWIP 30 A – Windshield wiper and rear home window wiperGAUGE1 10 A – Back-up lights, rotate signal lights, emergency flashersS-HTR 15 A – Seat heatersWSH 20 A – Windshield washer and also rear window washerHTR 10 A – Air air conditioning systemECU-IG 10 A – Toyota park aid system, rear check out monitor system, multiplex communication system, multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, anti-lock brake system, traction control system, auto stability control system, shift lock manage system, dynamic laser cruise control system, chair heaters, power earlier door, electronic moon roof, multi-information display, auto anti-glare within rear see mirror, power windows, power outlets (115V)PANEL 10 A – Air air conditioning system, seat heaters, audio system, navigation system, power sliding door, power back door, multi-informational display, rear home window defogger, emergency flashers, instrument panel lights, steering switch lightsTAIL 10 A – Stop/tail lights, patent plate lights, parking lights, next marker lightsS/ROOF 25 A – digital moon roofAC INV 15 A – power outlets (115V)FR DEF 15 A – Windshield wiper de-icerAM1 7.5 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection systemSTOP 10 A – Stop/tail lights, high placed stoplight, transition lock regulate system, anti-lock brake system, traction regulate system, automobile stability manage system, multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, multiplex communication systemP/W 25 A – strength windowsOBD 7.5 A – On-board diagnosis systemFOG 15 A – former fog lightsP/VENT 15 A – strength quarter windowsST 7.5 A – Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection systemA/C 7.5 A – hand-operated air conditioning systemMAIN 30 A – Headlights, daytime to run light system, “H-LP RL” and “H-LP LL” fusesAM2 30 A – “INJ”, “IGN” and “GAUGE2” fusesP/SEAT 30 A – strength seatsPWR 30 A – strength windows
Will you Share her Repair?
If this post was beneficial for you please share about it in the comments. If you have any tips to add please re-superstructure them together well, I’d love to hear indigenous you.