You are watching: 1991 honda civic fuel pump relay location
MAIN RELAY LOCATION:On many Honda"s the key relay is usually located under the dash ~ above the drivers side, in or close to the fuse crate area and due come its size is rather easy to find.MAIN RELAY REMOVAL:The steps listed below show removal of the relay from a right-hand drive 88-91 CRX, but the measures are specifically the same for the left-hand journey model.Tools Required:Cross-head screwdriver. 10mm Socket. Extension bar for above. Ratchet for above. 10mm Ring spanner (preferably ratchet type).1. Remove the hood lever with a 10mm socket and also extension bar. There room two bolts, the bottom one is being eliminated in the picture. Once the bolts are out the level will autumn out of the way.
2. Eliminate your fuse crate cover to gain accessibility to the coin holder. Now remove the coin holder - feather it open and you will certainly see 2 screws in ~ the top and also one in ~ the bottom. When the holder is out of the means we can see the peak of the relay.
3. The bolt securing the relay is well hidden, friend can accessibility it from the directly over the hood lever. The bolt is difficult to watch unless you obtain your head in the foot well so simply use have a feel for it.
4. A ratchet spanner greatly increases removing the relay although that is feasible with a common ring spanner but it will certainly take a couple of minutes. Perform NOT try to usage a open-ended spanner together you will probably round the bolt! just use a ring-spanner if you carry out not have actually a ratchet one!
5. With the bracket loose we deserve to now lift the end the relay. Along with the bolt, the bracket is hooked with a tag so you may have to wiggle the a little to cost-free it off or it might just lift right out.
6. The relay will now lift out - that is fitted through a long lead so friend can quickly get right into the connector, and also unplug it.
Re-installing the key relay ago in is the turning back of removal, yet getting the bolt back in can be a tiny tricky. Remember to slot the notch top top the relays bracket back into the feet on the vehicle as this will organize the relay in the exact position because that the bolt to go in.MAIN RELAY REPAIR:Repairing your main relay is an extremely simple, and also requires only a few tools:- Soldering Iron, powered around 25w is fine. - great Quality Solder. - De-soldering tool - pump style, braid or de-solder terminal if you are lucky. - stiff toothbrush - (Isopropyl Alcohol) cleaning Solvent1. Bend back one of the retaining clips and also lift up one next of the relay, then repeat through the other side.
4. Currently you need to remove the old solder from the board. Ns recommend you only de-solder and also re-solder one connection as a time as there is a chance some that the components may loss out the board inside the relay requiring that to be dismantled.
5. Currently re-solder the connections making certain you use enough heat to completely flow the share - compare your joints come the picture. Castle should have a shiny finish. If the finish on your joints is dull, girlfriend are most likely using a negative quality solder, or not enough heat.
See more: What Does It Mean When A Guy Says Take Care ', What Does It Mean When A Guy Says Take Care
6. Next you can remove the flux from the board. This isn"t strict required, however it"s nice to end up the project properly. Spray on lot of of Alcohol solvent and also use the brush to remove the flux, you might need to execute this a couple of time to remove it all. This will make a little bit of a mess.